Thursday, August 10, 2006

Black Wednesday

Yesterday was by far the hardest workout I've done since I started working out. I’ve been under a lot of stress lately because of work; I’m on the board of a national art show. This means I do secretarial duties. I have to take artist’s submissions from all over the country and organize them in Excel. Final submissions were to be received by Wednesday and judging starts Saturday. Go figure. I wasn’t really ready for what laid ahead of me on Wednesday’s workout but I should have been. This is what it was.

Remember: all reps are to go to failure. This means the weight is as high as you can stand it and the final rep is near undoable.

Circuits: 4 (This means all these exercises, in their entirety are to be done 4 times)

Good Mornings                              1 X 10: 10 second rest

Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift        1 X 10: 10 second rest

Reverse Lunges (repeated 3x)        1 X 10: 90 second rest

Incline Barbell Bench Press            1 X 10: 10 second rest

Standing Military Press                   1 X 10: 10 second rest

Dumbbell side raises (repeated 3x) 1 X 10: 90 second rest

Chin-Ups                                         1 X 10: 10 second rest

Bent over Barbell rows (palms up) 1 X 10: 10 second rest

Barbell Upright Rows (repeat 3x) (I used a 45# plate)
                                                        1 X 10: 10 second rest

After: 10 minutes of jumping jacks




        

3 comments:

chantal2bfit said...

I was experiencing extreme stress from work last week too! The difference is is you still got your workouts done!

Your daughter is so adorable!!! That's a great picture! I think she looks like you!

Greg said...

Thank You Chantel! The workouts are stress relievers. I don't know how I did anything before this.

Jules~They are bad. :) How are you doing with WSP? Are you sore?

Greg said...

Too funny. I think the Romanian Dumbbell Deadlift did my hammys the most damage.