Saturday, May 27, 2006

Am I so Different?

Quite often, I think I would probably die without music.  In certain periods in my life certain songs move me dramatically. I will put these songs on my player and listen to them over and over. I’m usually attracted to sad songs. I think it helps me to cope with certain things that aren’t right in my life. I also think in some way that it helps me to overcome obstacles that may arise later.

I have a theory about dreams as well. I believe that nightmares are our brain’s way of sedating our stressful lives. Did you ever notice that on really good stretches of our lives we are free of bad dreams?  I remember in the Army I would have horrific dreams. The human body is a miraculous thing.  You ever hear that joke that goes: The brain says, “I’m the smartest organ in the human body!” The heart says, Who do you think told you that.”

The song “I’m Alright” by Candlebox has been on my player lately and the song moves me to no end. The lyrics follow:

Its alright what you confess to me
Where you’re at right now baby, its alright with me
Behind your truths or somewhere inside your lies
These long cold days of gray, they color your eyes
And its alright, what you confide in me
Where were at right now baby, its where we need to be
And I can see things so clearly through tear-stained eyes
The side effects of time in all our good-byes, and its alright
I got lost some time ago,Lost in your song, your touch, your smile
And where I want to grow old
And you glimmer and gleam like a blond-washed hair from an ocean-side domain
Drifting into me, I found myself again, in her song
Its alright what you say to me
How you feel right now baby, shows an everlasting need
Behind the truth, there’s something inside your lies
These long cold days of rain, they’re hiding your eyes
And its alright, what you express to me
Your song escapes me to this place I want to be
So sing to me baby, your song can carry me
Through endless weeks of rain and onto sweeter things
And its alright
I got lost some time ago,Lost in your song, your touch, your smile
And where I want to grow old
And you glimmer and gleam like a blond-washed hair from an ocean-side domain Drifting into me, I found myself again, in her song
Oh sing to me baby, your song can carry me
In all she’s revealed I found I could always see
How her ways could flow and run over me
And I found this reason to learn
And I found this reason to decide
As many days come and many days go
Ill never know whyAnd its alright
I got lost some time ago,Lost in your song, your touch, your smile
And where I want to grow old
And you glimmer and gleam like a blond-washed hair from an ocean-side domain
Drifting into me, I found myself again, in her song

5 comments:

Suz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suz said...

It's Alright is a great song...especially because kevin wrote that song about me. Don't know if you knew that or not! ;)

I am so with you and I have ALWAYS said. I would slowly die if music was ripped from my life. Again, I am with you when it comes to dark songs with that haunting sound. Great artists on my list would be Elbow, Radiohead, Aqualung, Ben Harper, Live...I could go on and on.

Since you shared your one song that sticks with you...this one is mine. Sexy lyrics (I'm a lyrics junky) and a good solid sound with a crunchy guitar sound!

LIVE - Dolphin's Cry:
The way you're bathed in light
Reminds me of that night
God layed me down into your rose garden of trust
And I was swept away
With nothing left to say
Some helpless fool
Yeah I was lost in a swoon of peace
You're all I need to find
So when the time is right
Come to me sweetly. Come to me
Come to me

Love will lead us, alright
Love will lead us, she will lead us
Can you hear the dolphins cry?
See the road rise up to meet us
Its in the air we breathe tonight
Love will lead us, she will lead us

Oh yeah, we meet again
Its like we never left
Time in between was just a dream
Did we leave this place?
This crazy fog surrounds me
You wrap your legs around me
All I can do to try and breathe
Let me breathe, so that I
So we can go together

Life is like a shooting star
It don't matter who you are
If you only run for cover, its just a waste of time
We are lost til we are found
This phoenix rises up from the ground
And all these wars are over

Come to me


I had to retype this...too many goof ups on the original. Can't edit! :)

Suz said...

Oh, and just so you know....Dolphin's Cry was written for/about me too! Trust me, sometimes it is a curse to be so popular with musicians! :)

Lori said...

Candlebox opened for Aerosmith twice and I saw them. They are good.

Just popping in.

lori

Greg said...

Suz! You really are famous! To have these artists write lyrics for you must be overwhelming. :)
I really like that Dolphin's Cry song as well.

Lori~That must have been a cool concert. I've never seen Aerosmith or candlebox live before. Thanks for stopping by.