Saturday, February 10, 2007

A bruiser kind of day!

A rant begins here....My team Punishment workouts consist of a lot of supersets. In the gym I am very respectful. I don't talk, I put the weights and benches away in their proper places, and I always go out of my way to let someone have a machine. Today on second round of supersets I have to do Incline Bench and close grip pull-downs. There is this guy doing incline and curls and walking around like chicken with head freshly removed. I sit on a bench pretending to read my log and waiting for him to finish. He begins to walk out of the room and I say, "Are you finished with that?" He stops and says " No I'll be coming back to it sometime" I say through clenched teeth, Well I'm going to work in a set..cool? This guy had one of those smug faces like he is an elitist. For some crazy reason I wanted to kill him right there on the spot. I go up to the incline press (it is the only one we have) and remove his 25# plate and 10# plate and put on my plates. I pumped out 12 and came off of it roaring (I know I know) As I come off the Bench I hit my shin on a 45# barbell so hard it flies of the rack. Even after this I put his bagel size plates back on in case he came back. Well he didn't until I finished my three sets. My shin looks like it got hit with an ax. Oh well, tomorrow is my last day of week 6 Than I get to rest for a week.

7 comments:

mb said...

Looking good. I think those people have a certain time they workout everywhere. Was this around 4 pm? All those jerks are at my gym then. That's why I prefer 4 am.

Greg said...

Hi Martha! I think it was about 4:00. You are a regular Sylvia Browne. I've never seen that guy before, so I imagine I won't see him again anytime soon.

Suz said...

greg, you look hot and that is a good thing...you deleted your art blog and that is a very bad thing. Damn.....to both! Sigh....to both.

chantal2bfit said...

Looking good Greg! Looks like Team Punishment is working well for you!

I guess you can't escape those gym jacka$$e$. The one at my gym is still there and my blood pressure rises just by getting a glimpse of him.

doidle said...

Looking good Greg! Your daughter is adorable.

Unknown said...

You look great!! I didn't realize you started updating this page again. I'll check back more now. :o)

Lori said...

Every gym has a few of those kind of guys. Our main one hasn't been there in months. luckily. he would actually dance around like he thought he was Michael Jackson. Your progress looks good, keep up the good work.

Lori