Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Road


The Road
I Just finished this novel today. The book floored me. If you have a man in your life and he has a son, buy him this book. This book is unforgettable. It will be branded into my head forever. After I got home I could think of nothing more than to hug my son. It is the story of a Father and son in a post apocalyptical world. They go through the trials of surviving a sort of Nuclear winter. It is not a sci-fi novel but more of a fragile and heart wrenching love story. If you do buy this for your man keep your eye on him as he nears the end. I had to actually put my sunglasses for the end of this.

2 comments:

KC said...

Thanks for the recommendation. Sounds like a good one. I'll add it to my stack of books I want to read. I love to read, but it's so difficult these days.

Sounds like a good Father's Day present for my husband, as well.

I take it that it does not have a good ending. I wouldn't think much good could come of a nuclear winter. When we have a nuclear war, I hope to be disintegrated on the spot instead of dealing with the nuclear winter crap.

Anyway...thanks again for the rec.

chantal2bfit said...

I have to check this book out. Thanks for the recommendation.

By the way, you're looking PHENOMENAL on your latest pictures. DAAAAYYYUUUUMMM!!!