Monday, July 16, 2007

Week 2 Day 1

Monday – Chest

  • Incline Barbell Press - 3 sets 12 reps
  • Flat Bench Press - 3 sets 12 reps
  • Dumbbell Flys - 4 sets 12 reps – smooth and controlled motion
  • Push Ups - to failure
  • Crunches - 3 sets 30 seconds
  • Reverse Crunches - 3 sets 30 second
  • 30 minutes of medium intensity cardio.

This morning’s workout went very well. How do I know this? Well I felt I could have done better. That is when I have a good workout. You’ll notice that the reps went down. Well the weights went up substantially.

I went to my Uncle’s BBQ last night and cheated a little. I’m sure this had no effect other than filling the muscles and making me sleep poorly.

I really considered doing the summer challenge just to have some extra motivation. I don’t think it would be fair if I did so. I will show them why I didn’t do it and I assure you they will be thankful. Snicker. Basically what I’m saying is I’m going to kill these next 15 weeks.

3 comments:

JerseyGirl said...

Hey, Greg? Um, 115 reps for your bench press? No wonder you're so ripped!! Can't wait to see what 15 weeks brings!

Lori said...

You should have done the challeng, I would vote for you AGAIN.

Greg said...

Ha Jersey! I fixed it! I don't think I could rep 115 of anything except beer.

Thanks Lori!! I do feel good about not doing it. I do miss the competition though.