Thursday, July 27, 2006

26:35

Chantal I’m dedicating this 5K to you. Everyone’s talking about this 5K run, so I figured I’d give it a try. I never run on the treadmill. I always beat myself up on the elliptical machine. Anyhow, Tuesday, I decided to try it. I put it on the 5K loop on the treadmill. I set it up like this. Speed 7.0 and incline at 1.0.  At the 2-mile point I was dying. I quit and walked about another lap or so and waddled to the locker room in disgust. At noon today I figured I would try it again. All I was shooting for was to get a little bit further than I did Tuesday. My calves are killing me from Monday’s standing calf raises. I know quit whining and get back to the story.  When I hit the 2-mile point, I really wanted to quit again. I just kept thinking keep going and quit looking at the controls. It started getting easier after that. My legs were starting to get numb and boosted the speed to 7.5 for the last quarter lap. I finished at 26:35. I almost did that Tarzan yell, but I figured the older lady in front of me would think I was a dork. I’m pretty proud of myself, and my calves really hurt now. My next goal is 26:00. I think I’ll attempt that next Tuesday. Ciao

No comments: