Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My Diagnosis

The Diagnosis is costochondritis.  My doctor is Asian and doesn’t speak English very well; so watching him try to say this word for me was just funny. He seemed very interested in my involvement with pools. He couldn’t wait to drop my problem and get on with his. Apparently, his wife and him argue about the solar panels and their life span and he wanted me to give him an answer that justified his side. I won’ be lifting weights for a while and that is a major bummer. I went and did 35 minutes on the elliptical today and sat in the gym locker grimacing in pain. That 450 calories I burned really hurt a lot!

There is a guy in my gym that is a real big inspiration I remember when I was pretty over-weight, I thought I could never obtain the kind of body this guy has. He is one of those guys that every guy would like to be. The guy is built like Tarzan and has the nicest and most genuine attitude that is a rare thing these days.  I haven’t seen him in a long time and today he was there. I guess he’s had some problems and now he’s back to cause havoc with the weights again.

I want to give Eileen a big shout out for visiting my blog. I haven’t thanked her yet and she deserves my deepest gratitude. Thank you Eileen!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Deb is gonna be so jealous.

Your diagnosis sounds similar to what my husband had...could even be the same thing...it's been long enough that neither of us remembers. It just had to heal on it's own. I know it bothered him for quite a while because it's hard to avoid sneezing. Did the dr say how long you needed to avoid lifting weights?

Charlie and Becky said...

How do you treat your diagnosis? Do you just have to take it easy for a while? I hope you feel better soon!

Greg said...

Well, I have to wait to heal. I take motrin 800 for the swelling and discomfort. I already feel much better. I'm dying to get back in the gym. The gym is my therapy. The gym calms me and makes me a better father to my kids. I believe I'll return to lifting Monday. Thanks for stopping by!