Saturday, July 08, 2006

Friday was a Tuffy


Wow, yesterday was a brutal gym experience. I had set out a plan to follow and, as always, I change it. Sometimes on Fridays, I make the workouts a little harder because I know I have two days to recover. Instead of doing my set routine I took all sets to failure. I bumped all the weight loads up to an uncomfortable and sometime scary amount. For instance, I put two 35 lb plates on the preacher bar and did preacher curls. I did 10x10x6. I usually don’t curl this much-let alone preacher curl it. I could hear pops and tendons creaking with each pull. Maybe someone can tell me what the gym preacher bar weighs by itself, than I’ll know what my total load was.  I’m starting Waterbury’s summer program Monday. As usual I went all out and made up new forms for it. I think I do this to help motivate me, plus I like to be organized in the gym. I’m sure some of the other lifters think I’m pretty anal about all this logging in my journal, but oh well. If any of you want this new form I can send it to you in .pdf format.

If you’re into really hard-core lifting you may want to check out this site. They have tons of videos to watch. These guys, gals, and kids even, lift some very impressive weight.

3 comments:

Suz said...

no luck on getting the email from ya...oh well, thanks for trying! :)

KatieFeldmom said...

WOW

chantal2bfit said...

That workout is pretty intense! I like your form is laid out. It's so organized & easy to follow. And you're not being anal at all! There's a guy at my gym who carries a huge textbook & notebook and he would read the textbook in between sets. I finally took a peek and realized it was some kind of fitness textbook with pictures and everything! Talk about anal!